Hotel at at Glance: Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Located just a half-hour outside Seattle, this Ramada hotel makes you feel at home by serving breakfast on the house each morning, and offering comfy guest rooms equipped with free WiFi access. Conveniently, the hotel’s shuttle operates 24 hours a day, whisking guests to and from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
- Complimentary breakfast buffet: Wake up to omelets and biscuits and gravy.
- Onsite restaurant: Mitzels American Kitchen Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Take a dip in the heated outdoor pool.
- Sip microbrews in the hotel lounge.
- Driving time to downtown Seattle: about a half hour
Kent, Washington: Mountain Valley Trails Just South of Seattle
The town of Kent sits just south of Seattle, amid breathtaking views of Mount Rainier. The best place to snap a pic of the mountain is from the shores of Lake Meridian, where a glassy surface reflects the imposing peak. In addition to enjoying the scenery, lots of visitors come to the area for boating and fishing; largemouth bass and rainbow trout can be snagged from the lake. Hiking trails snake through the surrounding pine forests.
Downtown Kent is a quaint destination amid this gorgeous natural setting. Each summer, the Kent Farmers Market sells fresh produce, roasted corn on the cob, and handmade crafts. Year-round, you can pop into the city’s boutiques and streetside cafes housed in historical buildings.