Hotel at a Glance: Ramada Oxnard
At the Ramada Oxford, a SoCal beach escape is within easy reach. Less than 5 miles from the hotel, you can dig your toes into the sand as waves lap the shores of Channel Islands and Port Hueneme Beaches. Cap off a day of sun-drenched fun with a dip in the hotel’s outdoor pool.
- Fuel up with a complimentary full breakfast, served each day.
- In-room amenities: high-definition TVs and free WiFi
- Unwind in the hotel’s sauna or soak stress away in the hot tub.
- Work up a sweat in an onsite fitness center stocked with cardio equipment.
- Stop by the Manager’s Reception, held every Monday–Wednesday night, which features a light dinner, complimentary soft drinks, as well as beer and cocktail specials.
Oxnard, California: Strawberry Capital of the World with Historic Homes and Whale Watching
Located about 60 miles west of Los Angeles, the town of Oxnard is a major agricultural area with fertile soils, a warm, Mediterranean-like climate, and nice beaches. From the coast, you can hop on a boat to Channel Islands National Park—spanning five rocky islands a few miles offshore—to go hiking, kayaking, or whale watching.
Oxnard’s historic downtown is just a few miles west of the hotel. You can take a tour of restored Victorian and Craftsman homes along Heritage Square and visit the neoclassical Carnegie Art Museum. Originally built as a public library by Andrew Carnegie in the early 1900s, the building now displays contemporary California artwork.
California supplies nearly 85% of the country’s strawberries, and Oxnard is one of the state’s largest producers. The town’s California Strawberry Festival is held in May, but you can still taste the region’s famous produce throughout the fall and winter—in Oxnard, strawberries grow year-round.