Hotel at a Glance: Ramada Plaza Albany
This family- and business-friendly hotel is close to some of Albany's most-visited attractions, including the New York State Capitol. The property also offers a complimentary shuttle to whisk you to and from nearby Albany International Airport.
- The onsite-restaurant serves American fare for dinner
- Complimentary buffet breakfast of scrambled eggs, waffles, pastries, and fresh fruit
- Simmons pillow-top mattresses and free WiFi helps the guest rooms feel like home.
- Go for a swim any time of year in the indoor heated pool
- Stay fit with stationary bikes and treadmills in the on-site fitness center
Albany, New York: State Capital with History Museums and Nearby Nature Preserves
New York's state capital, Albany, rests in the state's upper east side, right along the banks of the Hudson River. The capitol itself is presided over by a massive Italian and French Renaissance-inspired granite capitol building that dates back to the late 19th century.
The nearby Albany Institute of History & Art has a wealth of ancient Egyptian artifacts, modern art pieces, and an exhibit that explores the area's fur trading roots. It's also worth it to check out New York State Museum, which delves further into the state's political history.
If you're looking to head outdoors, there's plenty to do. For example, you can head just outside of downtown Albany to hike the wooded trails of its many state parks and forest preserves. Albany's Pine Bush Preserve gives you a rare chance to see inland pine barrens, where you might spot the elusive blue butterfly in warmer months. The nearby USS Slater also offers travelers a chance to see an actual World War II destroyer escort ship.