Hotel at a Glance: Ramada Plaza Green Bay
Inside this Green Bay hotel, kids and kids-at-heart can zoom down water slides and splash in wading pools no matter what the weather’s like outside. The 15,000-square-foot indoor water park is just one of the hotel’s family-friendly attributes. Another big draw is its location, which is a short drive from such attractions as the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, the National Railroad Museum, and several shops and restaurants.
- Other nearby attractions: Lambeau Field, the NEW Zoo, and the Green Bay Botanical Garden
- Indoor water park with water slides, a swimming pool, and a jacuzzi
- Slow-smoked pork ribs and ale-battered shrimp are some of the tasty items served up at Big D’s Bar & Grill. Big-screen TVs show sporting events and local bands jam here on the weekends.
- Stylish guest rooms feature WiFi access and cable TV.
- Business travelers can take advantage of the hotel’s meeting space and audio-visual equipment.
Green Bay, Wisconsin: Outdoor Adventures in Packer Country
Located in the northeast part of Wisconsin, Green Bay hugs the western shores of Lake Michigan. Winter brings outdoors enthusiasts to the area for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and snow tubing. Less than an hour to the east, Kewaunee County’s Winter Park offers exhilarating tubing runs and a chute with a 70-foot vertical drop. In warmer months, the trails attract hikers and bicyclists, and the lake draws windsurfers and fishers.
Despite its stunning natural setting, Green Bay is best known as the capital of Packer country. Die-hard Cheeseheads will want to make a pilgrimage to the storied football team’s hall of fame to see jerseys and memorabilia from past players.
For a fun day trip, travel about 90 minutes northwest to Door County. Here you’ll find 300 miles’ worth of craggy Lake Michigan shoreline dotted with lighthouses and state parks. The former fishing villages along the shore are now filled with charming mom-and-pop restaurants serving homemade swedish pancakes and old-fashioned ice-cream sodas. The area has a strong artistic presence, too. Many of the tiny hamlets boast galleries where local artisans craft eclectic original pieces using copper, glass, and eggshells from nearby farms.<p>