Hotel At a Glance: Ramada West Palm Beach Airport Hotel
Nestled between the Palm Beach Airport and Bear Lakes Country Club, the Ramada West Palm Beach is located in the heart of the city. Grab a bite at onsite restaurant Pesto, or head to Clematis Street, a bustling bohemian district lined with restaurants. A few blocks south is outdoor mall CityPlace, where you can shop at Sephora, Anthropologie, and Tommy Bahama.
- Head to the beach a few miles east to dive with sharks and dolphins, go surfing, or build sandcastles.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool, where you can also lounge on the sundeck.
- Play a round: at the Bear Lakes Country Club, located next door. There you can tee off on two Jack Nicklaus Designs golf courses.
- Nearby cultural attraction: Take in the Norton Museum of Art's vast collection of multicultural art, which includes the works of Georgia O'Keeffe and Paul Gauguin. Fodor's calls it "one of the most impressive museums in South Florida."
- Go exploring: This hotel grants easy access to several bus stops so you can roam the city.
Palm Beach, Florida: Upscale Beach Town North of Boca Raton
Palm Beach has long been a favored retreat for America’s rich and famous—the Kennedys, Trumps, and Rockefellers have all spent winters here. The warm weather, gorgeous beaches, and golf courses are a surefire cure for the winter blues, and they don’t hurt in summer either. Midtown Beach, a kid-friendly stretch of golden sand surrounded by glitzy estates, is an ideal spot for building a tan or a sandcastle.
Just across the Intracoastal Waterway lies lively West Palm Beach, home to CityPlace, a stylish outdoor mall. If shopping’s not your scene, revisit the Gilded Age at the Flagler Museum, a Beaux-Arts mansion built by Standard Oil founder Henry Flagler in 1902. You can walk through opulent halls, parlors, and ballrooms on a guided tour or stop for afternoon tea in the glassed-in pavilion.