Outdoorsy resort with nearby access to nature trails and hiking, a fire pit, and an outdoor pool and two hot tubs on site
Hotel at a Glance: Red Agave Adventure Resort
ABC News once named Sedona one of the most beautiful places in America and, at Red Agave Adventure Resort, visitors are perfectly situated to see why. From the resort’s front door, guests can look out into the distance to see the Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte, formations made out of a deep red rock. And at sunset, view-seekers are in for a treat when the sky lights up with color as the sun retreats behind the rocky horizon.
- Whip up breakfast in bed: Each chalet comes with a fully-equipped kitchen that you can use to make meals right in your room.
- Roast marshmallows and sing campfire songs at the resort’s bonfire.
- Hike and bike through Coconino National Forest, which can be accessed by a trail mere steps outside the hotel’s courtyard.
- Buy a handmade necklace at the charming Tlaquepaque Village, an outdoor shopping center designed in the style of a traditional Mexican village.
- Go on a safari: About 30 minutes away, the Out of Africa Wildlife Preserve houses giraffes, lions, and other animals that visitors can see on a safari-style tour.
Please Note: Not all units at the property are pet-friendly. If you plan on bringing your puppy pal please call the property prior to booking to ensure a pet-friendly accommodation is available.
Sedona, Arizona: Majestic Rock Formations and Quirky Arts Community
Surrounded by a band of red sandstone formations, Sedona boasts a breathtaking natural skyline. Head to the 3.2-mile Airport Loop hiking trail for views of famous outcroppings such as Cathedral Rock and Courthouse Butte. About 10 minutes outside of the city at Slide Rock State Park, you can barrel down a natural water slide and see a preserved turn-of-the-century homestead.
Since around the 1960s, artists have been drawn to Sedona’s majestic landscape and cubist street signs. Although the arts scene has dwindled a bit in recent years, the city’s creative spirit is still very much alive at Gallery Row, where more than 50 art shops and boutiques sell pottery, jewelry, and metalwork.