Top Reasons to Stay at Red Caboose Motel
- Guest rooms are housed in 40 separate train cars. The innkeepers hold the Guinness World Record for the most singly owned cabooses.
- Each car has been restored and repainted to represent the railroad it once traveled on.
- The family-friendly property is set on 10 acres of Pennsylvania countryside, close to Amish farms and the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. From here it’s easy to make day trips to Gettysburg and Hersheypark.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served in the bright-red coach car. In the refurbished boxcar kitchen, cooks use fresh, local ingredients to craft old-fashioned comfort food.
- Kid-friendly offerings onsite include buggy rides and a petting zoo.
- In the gift shop, you’ll find train memorabilia, Amish crafts, and candy from all over Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania: Rural Farming Region with Large Amish Community and Rich Colonial History
Lancaster is located about 60 miles west of Philadelphia in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. It's an idyllic landscape of rolling farmland dotted with grazing cows, covered bridges, and horse-drawn carriages. The country’s largest population of Old Order Amish families makes its home here. For a glimpse into their fascinating culture, head to Lancaster Central Market, the oldest continuously operating farmers' market in the U.S. Here, vendors in traditional dress sell freshly ground horseradish, smoked sweet bologna, and other goods all year round.
At the nearby Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum, you can tour more than 15 historical buildings, including a farmstead and a country store, and watch costumed guides demonstrate pottery making and tinsmithing. The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, meanwhile, commemorates the region's rich locomotive history, allowing visitors a chance to operate the controls of a freight train and learn how steam engines work.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._