Hotel at a Glance: Red Jacket Mountain View Resort
National Geographic ranked North Conway among the best ski towns in the world. It's surrounded by the White Mountains and ski areas such as Cranmore and Attitash Mountain Resorts, which transform into adventure parks in warmer months. But whether there's snow or no snow, guests can zoom down water slides, splash in wave pools, and dodge water cannons in Red Jacket Mountain View Resort's indoor water park. In the 40,000-square-foot Kahuna Laguna, temps stay a balmy 82 degrees.
- Take a wagon ride with views of the White Mountains.
- Two onsite restaurants: Savor fresh-caught haddock and grilled Maine lobster at Champney's Restaurant or nosh on Reubens and half-pound burgers at Palmer's Red Ridge Grille.
- Holistic spa treatments are available, including the papaya-infused Vitamineral facial and french sea-salt body scrub.
- Fitness room equipped with treadmills, stationary bikes, and weights
- Family fun: Enjoy movie nights, bonfires, and story time.
North Conway, New Hampshire: Year-Round Adventure in the White Mountains
North Conway is a small town that nearly hugs the edge of the massive 700,000-acre White Mountain National Forest. The region's pine-fringed trails are breathtaking to behold; in warmer months, many visitors take scenic hikes through them. Downhill skiing is the main attraction in North Conway during the winter. Skiers can also drive about an hour north to reach Mount Washington Resort, which makes its home on a mountain standing more than 6,000 feet high.
Visit North Conway's downtown village for an après-ski ale or snack. Visitors can also stroll the streets and stop to peruse antiques, tour art galleries, or sample homemade sweets at White Mountain Cupcakery, which won a season of Cupcake Wars.