Hotel at a Glance: Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
The Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile is a convenient place to stay when exploring Chicago’s downtown attractions—it’s close to the United Center, the McCormick Place convention center, and the Loop. You’ll have all the amenities you need for a comfortable night’s stay, including free WiFi and an onsite restaurant.
- Bring Fido: Pets stay for free at the Red Roof—a rare perk in a downtown hotel.
- Renovated rooms feature plush new Serta mattresses and modern, spacious design.
- Housemade pasta and pizza fired in a wood-burning oven at Coco Pazza, the Tuscan restaurant adjacent to the lobby
- Shop the Mag Mile: Michigan Avenue, home to tons of high-end stores, is just one block away.
- Within 3 blocks: more than 25 restaurants, including the Hard Rock Cafe and Rainforest Cafe
Chicago’s Magnificent Mile: Upscale Boutiques and Historic Architecture
On Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, landmark skyscrapers such as the John Hancock Center and the Wrigley Building tower over the city’s liveliest retail corridor. In total, this stretch of high-end real estate houses some 460 stores, ranging from exclusive designers such as Armani and Chanel to beloved brands including Apple, American Girl, and Gap. Double-decker buses and horse-drawn carriages circle the Chicago Water Tower, a limestone icon that survived the Great Chicago Fire, and droves of shoppers navigate eight levels of boutiques and cafés at the nearby Water Tower Place.
Lake Shore Drive runs two blocks east of Michigan Avenue. Travel + Leisure called this stretch “the greatest architecture road on earth” thanks to the superstar skyscrapers lined up along the lakefront. Looming above them all, of course, is the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower)—the tallest building in North America. Runners, cyclists, and runaway lawn mowers travel the adjoining Lakefront Trail throughout the year. A mile and a half north, crowds gather at North Avenue Beach during the summer to people watch, play volleyball, and listen to live music at beachfront bars.