Hotel at a Glance: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Block-long cruise ships and international cargo vessels both dock at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, one of the world’s busiest seaports. It’s located on the southeastern coast of Florida, near several sprawling beaches and only 23 miles north of Miami. Minutes from the port, you’ll find the chic Renaissance Fort Lauderdale, which recently underwent a $6 million floor-to-ceiling renovation.
- Bistro 17 serves New American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a tropically inspired setting.
- Relax in the lounge, which extends from the lobby to the outdoor pool; the menu features light meals and a full spread of specialty cocktails.
- City-view and high-floor rooms offer sweeping views of Fort Lauderdale through soundproof windows.
- Cool off with a few laps in the outdoor pool.
- Bring your car to better explore the area since the hotel offers included daily self-parking.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.