Hotel at a Glance: Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
If you want to escape the Sin City hoopla, the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel has you covered—it’s entirely casino-free. Yet the four-star boutique hotel has no shortage of on-site dining options. Guests can enjoy Angus fillets and bone-in rib eye at Envy Steakhouse, dig into American sandwiches and sip cocktails made with locally procured ingredients at Grill 55, or opt for quicker, lighter bites at Ego Café.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor pool or relax under the umbrella on the sun deck.
- Work up a sweat in a fitness center equipped with free weights, and cardio machines.
- In-room amenities: 42-inch flat-screen TV, coffeemaker, Sealy Posturepedic mattress, blackout drapes, and free bottled water, plus views of the Strip
- Stock up on snacks at the on-site vending machines before heading off to explore Vegas.
- Distance from the Strip: half a mile
The Las Vegas Strip: 24/7 Entertainment and Fine Dining
With an almost unlimited variety of casinos, bars and nightclubs, and live entertainment, the general consensus along the Las Vegas Strip seems to be “go big or go home.” And you can go really big here. Make a beeline for the dozens of 24-hour casinos lining the neon-lit Strip to tango with Lady Luck in high-stakes games of roulette, blackjack, and poker; or grab a front-row seat to the city’s over-the-top glitz at nightly magic, acrobatic, and musical performances. Be sure to stick around for mealtimes—casinos on the Strip are known for their fine-dining restaurants and extravagant buffets overflowing with crab legs and prime rib.
Even Sin City isn’t all casinos, all the time. Go shopping at the high-end boutiques found inside most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip, or head to Fashion Show Las Vegas to browse racks at Neiman Marcus, Macy’s, and Saks Fifth Avenue. You can also virtually travel the globe in just a few city blocks, thanks to the Strip’s re-creation of the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, and Venetian canals. And you’ll find a surprising number of shows in Las Vegas for kids hidden among the raucous nightlife.