Hotel at a Glance: Renaissance Woodbridge
With more than 300 stylish guest rooms and 29,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, the Renaissance Woodbridge offers a chic and comfortable retreat for both leisure and business travelers less than an hour from Manhattan.
- OLIO Restaurant & Lounge features artisan cocktails, local beers, and creative American dishes in a dining room with inlaid mesquite-log floors and handblown-glass chandeliers.
- In-room amenities: Aveda bath products and TV with HBO
- Take a dip in the heated indoor or outdoor pool.
- Break a sweat in the fitness center.
- Distance from Woodbridge Center mall: half a mile
- Complimentary transportation to Metropark Train Station
- Take it all in at the poolside movie night held on Friday & Saturday nights
Edison, New Jersey: Thomas Edison’s Menlo Park Laboratory and Tax-Free Shopping
Just 40 minutes from Manhattan, the small city of Edison has been lauded as one of America’s 10 Best Places to Grow Up by U.S. News and World Report. The town is named for Thomas Edison, whose laboratory in the township’s Menlo Park district was the site where he came up with almost all of his 1,093 inventions. You can learn more about the “Wizard of Menlo Park” at the art-deco Thomas Alva Edison Memorial Tower and Museum.
Those looking to shop—and take advantage of New Jersey’s lack of sales tax on apparel—have two major options to choose from. The nearby Woodbridge Center is home to more than 200 retailers, making it the third-largest mall in the state. Closer still is the Menlo Park Mall, where you’ll find 175 stores divvied up among two floors.