Hotel at a Glance: Resorts Casino Hotel
Atlantic City is brimming with casinos and hotels, but Resorts Casino Hotel is one for the history books: it was Atlantic City’s first casino hotel and the country’s first legal casino outside of Las Vegas. Towering above the Atlantic Ocean and Atlantic City’s famed boardwalk, the hotel dazzles visitors looking to enjoy fine dining and world-class entertainment. Its 100,000-square-foot-casino is open around the clock, with thousands of slots and more than 10 styles of table games where you can try your luck.
- So much space: The hotel’s stylish guest rooms include free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and mini fridges.
- Dining options galore: This deal includes a $20 dining credit for each night booked, which is valid at onsite restaurants.
- Grab a beachside cocktail at the resort’s Landshark Bar & Grill, the only restaurant on the sand side of the Atlantic City boardwalk that’s open all year.
- Relax and renew: This deal includes daily access to the spa for two.
- Go swimming in the indoor-outdoor pool, open year-round.
- Find your shaker of salt at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, which comprises several restaurants, themed gaming areas, bars, and retail shops.
Atlantic City, New Jersey: Casinos and Carnival Rides Lining Historical Beachside Boardwalk
No trip to Atlantic City is complete without a stroll along its signature boardwalk, which stretches for 6 miles along New Jersey’s eastern coast. Originally built in 1870 to keep sand out of hotel lobbies, the boardwalk grew in popularity as a place where you could drink and gamble during Prohibition without much trouble from the police, as depicted in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire. The boardwalk is still popular for its casinos, but it’s family-friendly, too; visitors are just as inclined to sit at the beach or stop at one of the many carnival rides.
On the boardwalk, it’s worth it to check out the Absecon Lighthouse, which is more than 150 years old. It’s possible to climb its 228 steps to the top, which features sweeping views of the city skyline and the sea.