What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or four in a double-queen room
- Select options include choice of $20 food credit or snowshoeing for two per day. The snowshoeing credit can be used for either 2 half-day rentals or one full-day rental.
- Telluride Ski Resort (reservations required with 24-hour notice)
- Silverton Ski Resort (reservations required with 24-hour notice)
Hotel at a Glance: Ridgway Lodge and Star Saloon
Ridgway Lodge and Star Saloon combines hospitality with the spirit of adventure making it a great basecamp for all things to do in the San Juan Mountains. Centrally located at the Northern Gateway of the San Juan Mountains, the lodge is just 2 miles from the clothing optional Orvis Hot Springs, and also has easy access to Ouray, Silverton, and Telluride.
- Star Saloon: Colorado microbrews are paired with pizza, soups, salads, and other classic American food at the hotel’s restaurant.
- Fuel up with freshly brewed Hawaiian coffee and complimentary popcorn in the hotel lobby/restaurant.
- Make a splash at the hotel’s indoor pool, or take a relaxing dip in the indoor hot tub.
- Comfortable guest rooms include microwaves, small refrigerators, and coffeemakers.
- Explore the area: The Ridgway Railroad Museum and Ouray County Ranch History Museum are both within a half mile of the hotel.
Ouray, Silverton, and Telluride Colorado: Former Mining Towns in the San Juan Mountains with John Wayne History
The former gold- and silver-mining town of Ouray sits at an elevation of 7,760 feet in southwestern Colorado. Surrounded by craggy red mountains on three sides, 19th-century buildings such as the town’s Victorian homes and converted saloons dot a valley floor that still looks like the set of an old western. Ouray’s location in the mountains keeps it pretty isolated—though not quite as isolated as it was when Butch Cassidy hid out here after robbing a bank for the first time in nearby Telluride.
History abounds in each of these towns that also provide all sorts of mountain adventures and photo opportunities in every direction. A few options to consider: Ridgway State Park, The Ouray Hot Springs, Ice Climbing Park and Via Ferrata Climbing Center, Backcountry adventures on Red Mountain and Lizard Head Passes, Silverton & Telluride Ski areas, and the Million Dollar Highway Tour.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- 24-hour coffee
- Indoor pool
- Indoor hot tub
- Microwaves and mini refrigerators in all rooms
- Outdoor patio
- Picnic tables
- Shuttle to ski resorts
The Fine Print
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Ridgway Lodge and Star Saloon
- Nearest airports: Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ; 28 mi) and Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ; 295 mi)
- Distance from Colorado Springs, CO: 262 miles