Top Reasons to Stay at Rivertide Suites Hotel
- A 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner, this riverside hotel is within walking distance of the beach and family-friendly attractions in downtown Seaside.
- Each suite comes with a private balcony, an electric fireplace, and a jetted tub.
- Spacious suites include mountain views, and the two-bedroom suites have two bathrooms for extra convenience.
- Head to the rooftop crow’s nest for its sweeping views of the ocean and nearby mountains, or warm up next to the fireplace in the hearth room.
- You can relax with a dip in the indoor pool or a few minutes in the hot tub.
- All stays include movies, candy, popcorn, and a complimentary breakfast and evening manager’s reception.
- A short drive will bring you to historic hiking trails at Ecola State Park and the Seaside Aquarium, where you can feed seals and view a 36-foot-long gray-whale skeleton.
Seaside, Oregon: Coastal Beauty Surrounding Historic Village
Located along the Oregon’s Pacific coast about 1.5 hours northwest of Portland, Seaside has transformed into a popular resort town and a nice vacation spot for couples looking for a romantic getaway. About three blocks from the hotel, a bronze Lewis and Clark statue faces the Pacific Ocean at the historic Seaside Turnaround—the spot where the explorers are thought to have ended their epic westward trek. A 1.5-mile oceanfront promenade (called “the Prom” by the locals) stretches along the beach, featuring shops and restaurants near grass-covered dunes.
Along the promenade lies the Seaside Aquarium, which has been in continuous operation for 75 years. Among its residents are crowd-pleasing, gregarious seals that will happily ask you to feed them chopped fish. Some of the area’s best views are a few miles south of town at the rainforest-covered Tillamook Head, a promontory point that towers over the craggy coastline, beckoning hikers to reach its summit.