Hotel at a Glance: Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Rocky Gap Casino Resort is situated on the banks of Lake Habeeb in the center of Maryland's Rocky Gap State Park. Here you'll find multiple dining options, hiking trails, a casino, and even a comedy club—all surrounded by 3,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
- Onsite casino with hundreds of slot machines as well as poker, blackjack, and roulette tables
- Dining options include an upscale lakeside restaurant, a casual American grill, and outdoor dining with live weekend entertainment.
- Tee off at the 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course.
- Room with a view: Spacious guest units overlook either the lake or golf course.
- Make a splash at the indoor pool and whirlpool, or head to the full-service spa for relaxing massages and facials.
Cumberland, Maryland: Historic Downtown Close to Rocky Gap State Park
Cumberland was once the second-largest city in Maryland, supplying iron ore, coal, and timber from its hillsides to other cities during the Industrial Revolution. Though the population is smaller today, Cumberland retains its old-fashioned charm. The picturesque downtown area includes the Washington Street Historic District, where many buildings and homes from the salad days still stand. Check out the Emmanuel Episcopal Church and the Allegany County Courthouse to see some of Maryland's best examples of early Gothic Revival architecture.
The town is a quick drive from Rocky Gap State Park, 3,000 acres of rugged wilderness. You'll find miles of trails as well as the 243-acre Lake Habeeb, a popular place to catch some trout, catfish, or smallmouth bass. There's also a mile-long gorge with sheer cliffs and a dense hemlock forest to explore.