Hotel at a Glance: Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port
This eco-friendly hotel provides a welcoming oasis just a few miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport. The hotel’s free shuttle can ferry you to and from the terminals, to Port Everglades (a popular dock for cruise ships), and Broward Convention Center.
- Where you’ll stay: Guest rooms come with free WiFi.
- Rise and shine: The hotel serves a free continental breakfast.
- Watch the game at the Marina84 Sports Bar & Grill.
- Take a refreshing dip in the heated outdoor pool.
- Distance to the coast: about 5 miles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.