Hotel at a Glance: Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando/Kissimmee
The Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando/Kissimmee is about as convenient for a family vacation as you can get. This spacious hotel is steps from the amusement park at Old Town and Fun Spot America and just 4 miles from the Walt Disney World® Resort and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Kid-friendly amenities onsite include outdoor recreation areas and a giant pool. Thanks to its location in Kissimmee, the hotel puts you within walking distance of more than 40 shops and restaurants.
- Comfy accommodations: Guest rooms come with flat-screen TVs and complimentary high-speed WiFi. Choose the executive suite for extra room.
- Across the street: Old Town and Fun Spot America have roller coasters, bumper cars, kiddie rides, and more.
- Signature dishes: Try snow crab legs and jambalaya at the onsite Little New Orleans Kitchen & Oyster Bar.
- Dive into the large outdoor pool, or work up a sweat in the fitness center.
- Get tickets for theme parks at the Authorized Disney & Discount Attraction desk in the lobby.
- Turn kids loose at the onsite playground and game room.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding Space Mountain® Attraction, a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride past the ghastly goofballs inside The Haunted Mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries at the World Showcase. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art; the collection features pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center, where you can take a rover across a simulation of Mars or race model cars down a 70-foot pinewood-derby track.