Top Reasons to Stay at Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista
- The hotel offers free scheduled shuttle service to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, Universal Orlando® Resort, and SeaWorld®.
- You can take a day trip to the beach—the Atlantic Ocean is about an hour away.
- The hotel is family friendly. Kids will enjoy playing in the two pools, Ozzie’s Splash Zone, and the 24-hour video arcade game room.
- Each paying adult at the Boardwalk Buffet Restaurant earns a free meal for a child aged 9 or younger.
- Grab snacks, drinks, sandwiches, convenience items, and gifts from Lite Bite Mini-Market & Deli.
- Hotel features luxuries, including Simmons Beautyrest® pillow-top mattresses, to all the rooms. WiFi is free, and you can watch complimentary cable and premium movie channels on your room’s flat screen HDTV.
- Comfort Zone Bar & Grille opens daily at 5:30 p.m.—just in time for happy hour! A great place to enjoying daily drink specials, bar fare, or to watch a game on one of the HDTVs.
Lake Buena Vista, Florida: Gateway to World-Famous Theme Parks and Downtown Orlando
About 20 miles from downtown Orlando, Lake Buena Vista is the home of the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks and is named after the street where The Walt Disney Studios in Burbank is located. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort, spanning nearly 30,000 acres, encompasses four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding Space Mountain® Attraction, a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride past the ghastly goofballs inside The Haunted Mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries at the World Showcase. The park’s success has brought an influx of other theme parks to Orlando, including Universal Orlando® Resort and SeaWorld®.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows 5 nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north from the arts district, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Orlando Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, with a collection featuring pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. Loch Haven Park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center. Visit the science center to take a rover across a simulation of Mars’ red surface, or race model cars down a more than 50-foot pinewood derby track.