Hotel at a Glance: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean All Inclusive
The Royal Decameron Club Caribbean resort overlooks the Caribbean Sea along Jamaica’s northern coast. As part of the resort’s all-inclusive plan, guests can enjoy three buffet meals daily or make dinner reservations at the à la carte restaurants, where cuisines range from Asian fusion to local Jamaican specialties. All imported and domestic drinks are also included.
- Garden-view cottages feature air conditioning, TVs, and tropical decor.
- Just keep swimming: The hotel has two pools located near the beach, including one exclusively for adults.
- Outdoor recreation: Strike up a game of beach volleyball, tennis, or ping-pong.
- Entertainment: Dance the night away at the disco or catch one of the resort’s nightly shows.
- Go for a stroll on the winding walking paths through the garden.
Runaway Bay, Jamaica: Quiet Resort Town near Natural Wonders
Runaway Bay is tucked into the northern coast of Jamaica, between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. The secluded town is one of the island’s smallest—Lonely Planet calls it “a one-street village”—and it’s noticeably quieter than its tourist-clogged neighbors. But what it lacks in size Runaway Bay makes up in natural attractions. Some of the best underwater sights in the Caribbean can be explored during scuba-diving tours of the coral reef just offshore. And about 4 miles (7 km) west of town, you can explore the limestone vaults and subterranean lakes of the Green Grotto Caves, which were used as a hideout by Spanish die-hards during Jamaica’s 18th-century colonization by the English.
A scenic 25-minute drive brings you to one of the island’s most popular attractions—Dunn’s River Falls. This natural wonder consists of a series of terraced waterfalls cascading from the mountains to the sea like a gigantic flight of stairs. Thousands of travelers visit the site each year, and it even served as a filming location for the first James Bond movie, Dr. No. Today, tour groups frolic at the bottom of the falls or make the 600-foot climb to the top behind local guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay (airport code: MBJ). Travel time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 60 minutes one-way and costs approximately $110 US one-way per taxi for up to four passengers or approximately $25 US one-way per person by airport/hotel shuttle that is available 10 am to 6 pm daily. No advance reservations are required and transportation can easily be arranged after you exit the baggage claim area of the airport.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon?
The Groupon covers two guests. Extra adults cost is $70 US and children ages 3 to and including 11 pay $30 US. Both direct to the front desk upon checkin.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation?
Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits?
Resort credits are not included with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code?
Dinner reservations are not required for the buffet restaurant, however, reservations are required for the a-la-carte restaurants. Dress code is Caribbean casual.