All-Inclusive Caribbean Getaway
On this all-inclusive getaway, you’ll stay in one of the Caribbean’s few spots that the majority of tourists haven’t discovered yet. The resort is located on Haiti’s Cotes des Arcadins, an uncrowded stretch of sand on Hispaniola Island’s western coast. Each option includes:
- All meals and snacks
- Unlimited national alcoholic beverages, beer, wine, and soft cocktails
- Daily activities program
- Nonmotorized watersports (kayaks, surfboards, and catamarans)
- Introductory scuba training at the pool
- Nightly entertainment
- Unlimited local alcoholic beverages at the discotheque
- Hotel taxes and tips included
Although airfare is not included, there are several carriers offering daily service into Haiti, including American Airlines, Spirit, Delta, and Jet Blue.
Ground transportation at Toussaint Louverture International Airport (PAP) in Port-au-Prince can be difficult to arrange last minute. But it’s easy to get to the hotel from the airport via Decameron Explorer ground transportation if you book in advance. Details from the hotel follow:
“Clients should book their air into PAP which is the Port-au-Prince main international airport that is serviced daily from the US by American Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Delta Airlines and JetBlue. It is suggested that you pre-book your ground transportation to the hotel as ground transportation if left until you arrive Haiti is difficult and therefore it is easier if this is prebooked. Transfers in shared vehicle between the Port-Au-Prince International Toussaint Louverture Airport and the Royal Decameron Indigo at a per person rate of US$75 (round trip). Transfers must be pre-booked by emailing the flight information to: email@example.com. A transfer confirmation will be sent by email, as well as payment details. Please carry a printed copy of the transfer confirmation email with you upon arrival in Haiti. Upon exiting the customs area of the Port-Au-Prince International Toussaint Louverture Airport, you will be met by a Decameron Explorer representative and directed to the transfer vehicle. The ride from the Port-Au-Prince International Toussaint Louverture Airport to the Royal Decameron Indigo takes approximately 90 minutes. All passengers must reconfirm the departure transfer 48 hours prior to their scheduled departure, at the Decameron Explorer Counter in the Hotel Lobby. Payment for the ground transportation can be paid directly to the hotel upon your check-in.”
Hotel at a Glance: Royal Decameron Indigo Beach Resort & Spa
The Royal Decameron Indigo Beach Resort & Spa occupies a spot on one of the Caribbean’s best-kept secrets: the Cotes des Arcadins, on the Haitian side of Hispaniola Island. Set between the ocean and mountains, the resort is surrounded by more than 100 tropical acres alongside a postcard-worthy white-sand beach.
- Pools for all ages: There are two for adults and two for kids. Grownups can sip cocktails at a poolside bar.
- All-inclusive dining options: Belly up to the international buffet or visit two a la carte restaurants serving Haitian and Mediterranean fare. There’s also a snack bar.
- Dance the night away in the resort’s discotheque.
- Indulge in relaxing treatments at the spa.
- Watersports: Borrow the resort’s equipment to try your hand at kayaking or surfing in the ocean.
Cotes des Arcadins, Haiti: Untouched Beaches on West Coast of Hispaniola
The up-and-coming resort area known as Cotes des Arcadins lies on the Haitian side of Hispaniola Island. Here you’ll find the turquoise waters and long stretches of white sand the Caribbean region is known for, but much smaller crowds than in the neighboring Dominican Republic, where the tourism industry is more firmly established. Conditions are prime for beachcombing, snorkeling, swimming, and lounging in the sun. On nearby inland excursions, you can trek to waterfalls, visit local villages, and learn about Haiti’s history and cultural traditions. The capital city of Port-au-Prince is only about an hour drive away.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Toussaint Louverture International Airport (PAP) is 90 minutes from the property. A round-trip shuttle costs $75.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Adding occupants above standard is $100 per night for each additional guest 12 or older; $50 per night for each additional kid 3–11; kids 2 or younger stay free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credit is not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? A-la-carte restaurants require reservations that can easily be made at the hotel. Gentlemen may prefer long pants. For information regarding your dining options, please click here.