Hotel at a Glance: Royal Sonesta New Orleans
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans reflects charming French Quarter architecture throughout the hotel, including lush tropical courtyards, fountains, and arched windows and doorways. This four-diamond hotel in the heart of the French Quarter has flat-screen TVs and free WiFi, onsite parking, and easy access to New Orleans’s famous restaurants and legendary nightlife.
- Dive in to the outdoor pool on the third floor, which features a relaxing patio area and convenient poolside grill and bar.
- Sample Creole and Cajun cuisine at Restaurant R’evolution, which Wine Enthusiast named one of the 100 Best Wine Restaurants in the country.
- Catch a live jazz show seven nights a week at the onsite jazz club, Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse.
- Admire the hotel’s pop-art collection: It includes works by Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein.
- Get a breath of fresh air on the courtyard, where greenery and cafe tables create a relaxing atmosphere away from the bustle of the French Quarter.
New Orleans’s French Quarter: Let the Good Times Roll
Some folks think there is something distinctly foreign about New Orleans, a place where people’s priorities seem inclined toward enjoying life and relishing the moment at hand. Nothing says it better than the town’s unofficial motto: “Laissez les bons temp rouler,” or “Let the good times roll.”
Historical buildings with intricate wrought-iron balconies line the narrow streets of New Orleans’s French Quarter. Here, street musicians often fill the air with jazz music, their trombones and tubas swinging back and forth. Just off the Jackson Square park and near the towering St. Louis Cathedral, the legendary Café Du Monde serves beignets under heaping piles of powdered sugar, as well as cups of iced or steaming café au lait.