Chic New Orleans Hotel near French Quarter
The forest-green St. Charles streetcar, one of the world's oldest continuously operating transit vehicles of its kind, still rumbles down the street outside the Royal St. Charles Hotel, located just a block away from the historic French Quarter. The contemporary boutique hotel provides easy access to both the old-school New Orleans of streetcars and jazz joints and the hard-partying New Orleans of bawdy, boozy Bourbon Street.
The hotel's guest rooms are decorated with bold colors and original artwork. In the morning, you can pop into PJ's Coffee in the lobby for a pastry or pick-me-up. A concierge is on hand to help you plan forays into the French Quarter or Harrah’s New Orleans casino, both of which are within walking distance. There’s a streetcar stop in front of the hotel if you’d like to travel farther.
Highlights of New Orleans
- "Laissez les bons temps rouler", a Cajun French phrase that translates roughly to "let the good times roll" is the unofficial motto of New Orleans.
- Southern melting pot: The flavors and aromas of French, American, and Caribbean cuisines blend harmoniously at the city's many bistros, greasy spoons, and fine-dining restaurants.
- On Frenchmen Street, live-music venues overflow with the sounds of jazz, blues, and reggae.
- Wild nightlife attracts revelers to the French Quarter into the wee hours.
- Garden District: Greek Revival and Italianate homes stand alongside antique shops, restaurants, and spacious gardens in this genteel area.