All-suite hotel features a private beach, onsite fishing pier, rooms with full kitchens and private balconies, and free airport shuttle
Suites at a Glance: Sailport Waterfront Suites
The architect who designed Sailport Waterfront Suites determined that every guest room should have its own view of sparkling Old Tampa Bay. Calculations were made, protractors were consulted, and clever angles were built into the hotel’s construction to make it all possible. Rooms even have private balconies so guests can enjoy the bay breeze with the view at the same time.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the private beach.
- Bring a swimsuit because the hotel has its own heated outdoor pool.
- Head to the pier and cast lines into the bay.
- Cook your own meals: all suites include full kitchens.
- Deluxe studio suites: include free WiFi and private balconies.
- Recent accolades: 2017 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Relax and enjoy the poolside bar and grill Big Bamboo Bayside.
Tampa, Florida: Sunny Days, Beaches, and Busch Gardens
Given that Tampa has more than 15 white-sand beaches and nearly 250 sunny days a year, it should come as no surprise that Forbes magazine ranked it the fifth best city in America for enjoying the outdoors. Set on the Gulf Coast, about 90 miles southwest of Orlando, the city offers abundant green spaces as well as year-round opportunities for fishing, surfing, and golfing on waterfront courses.
Roller coasters and exotic animals share real estate at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, a theme park designed to evoke the thrills of an African safari. Like a big cat sprinting after its prey, Cheetah Hunt—one of the park’s newer thrill rides—reaches speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. Back on solid ground, you can get up close and personal with more than 2,000 animals living in detailed replicas of their natural habitats.