What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a classic king room, deluxe king room, or four in a deluxe double-queen room
$25 Daily Resort Fee Includes
- Comp basic Internet
- Comp morning coffee by the pool
Sands Hotel & Spa
Balancing a chic desert motif of crisp white and sandy pink accents alongside gothic-shaped decorative mirrors with contrasted trippy black-and-white patterns repeating across the entirety of the walls and furniture, the newly opened Sands Hotel & Spa harnesses the satisfaction of well-designed spaces to enchant guests. The property’s aesthetic charm was crafted by designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard. Each of the 46 guest rooms is uniquely decorated with custom furnishings, so no two are exactly alike.
- Luxurious touches: Guest rooms have Acqua di Parma toiletries, Revival New York linens, a mini bar with vintage crystal glassware, Waterworks bathroom hardware, and Carrara marble countertops. Some rooms include a private patio or balcony.
- Spa services fusing Western and global methodologies are performed in elegant treatment rooms with naturally-sourced ingredients.
- Mediterranean dining: The full-service restaurant and bar The Pink Cabana is run by Forbes-acclaimed Executive Chef Jason Niederkorn.
- Oasis in the desert: A sleek pool and hot tub are flanked by private cabanas and desert palm trees.
- A little “me time”: To ensure a tranquil and indulgent experience, all hotel guests must be 18 or older.
Palm Desert, California: Shopping and Wildlife in Scenic Coachella Valley
Palm Desert shares the desert landscape and resort atmosphere of nearby Palm Springs. Palm Desert’s El Paseo is known as the Rodeo Drive of the desert for its art galleries and high-end retailers such as Gucci and Ralph Lauren.
Palm Desert is also a gateway to Joshua Tree National Park, located about 40 miles away. The desert park is famous for its unusual geologic formations and mountains of twisted rock and is home to wildlife including desert bighorn sheep and golden eagles. Wildlife sightings are guaranteed at The Living Desert, a zoo, botanical garden, and animal hospital in Palm Desert. As guests stroll through geographical regions, they see flora and fauna indigenous to that area, which can include giraffes or jaguars.
Classic King Room and Deluxe King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Deluxe Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- $25 resort fee includes: parking, comp basic internet, and comp morning coffee by the pool.
- Parking: included in resort fee.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: up to two dogs 40 lbs or less may be added for an additional $100 per dog, per stay.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Spa (temporarily closed)
- Restaurant and bar
- Outdoor pool with cabanas
- Outdoor hot tub (temporarily closed)
- In-room entertainment system
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in and stay
- Credit card required at check-in
- $2 daily utility fee added at purchase
- $25 daily resort fee added at purchase
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sands Hotel & Spa
- Nearest airport: Palm Springs International (PSP; 14 mi)
- Distance from Palm Springs: 19 miles
- Cab fare: about $45 from PSP, including a 15% tip