What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for four in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Santa’s Lodge
It feels like it’s Christmastime at Santa’s Lodge, no matter what the calendar says. Inside the lobby, a 37-foot-high vaulted ceiling—hand-hewn from the timbers of a 19th-century barn that once stood on the property—soars over festive decorations, including Christmas trees, Santa Claus statues, a horse-drawn sleigh, and two stories worth of antiques. A stay at Santa’s Lodge is the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit all year long.
- American fare is on the menu at St. Nick’s restaurant; you can dine on traditional American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Make a splash in the hotel’s year-round indoor or seasonal outdoor pool.
- Go on an adventure: The inn offers a wide selection of onsite activities including seasonal zipline tours, rock-climbing wall, bounce house, and two pools, as well as catch-and-release fishing.
- Nearby attractions: Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari (1 mile), Christmas Lake Golf Course (3 miles), and Frosty’s Fun Center (0.2 miles).
Santa Claus, Indiana: Year-Round Festive Cheer in Historical Town
According to local legend, the early settlers of present-day Santa Claus had a problem: every time they agreed upon a name for the town, they’d discover it was already taken. In fact, the small community was known as the “nameless town” until Christmas Eve of 1852. On that wintry night, the villagers were debating names in a log-cabin church, when a gust of wind blew open the door. The unmistakable sound of sleigh bells could be heard over the falling snow. The children cried out, “Santa Claus!” and the town finally had a name. Each December, the Santa Claus Post Office is flooded with hundreds of thousands of letters addressed to ol’ St. Nick. Each letter received by December 21 receives a reply.
Naturally, the town—which is Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler’s hometown—is a magnet for all things Christmas. Built in the mid-1930s as part of a now-defunct holiday theme park, Santa’s Candy Castle remains a local landmark. Here you can buy gourmet candy canes, hot chocolate, and other handmade confections. Pop into the Santa Claus Museum to learn more about the history of the town through documents, photos, and artifacts.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Indoor pool and seasonal outdoor pool
- Hot tub (seasonal)
- Complimentary breakfast
- Ziplining (seasonal)
- Bungee trampoline (seasonal)
- Rock-climbing wall (seasonal)
- Paddleboats (seasonal)
- Seasonal bounce house
- Gift shop
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary parking
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Santa's Lodge
- Nearest airports: Evansville Regional Airport (EVV; about 46 miles), Louisville International Airport (SDF; about 81 miles)
- Distance from Evansville: about 42 miles