What You Get
- Stay for four in a standard king room or standard double-queen room
- Daily water-park passes for four
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 3-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort - South Padre Island, Texas
You can splash around at Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort no matter what the weather’s like. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor water parks with thirteen water slides and multiple river systems. Daily water park passes for four are included with some of this Getaway’s options.
- Family-friendly amenities include a 1950s carousel and a gaming zone.
- Where you’ll stay: Spacious guest rooms have mini refrigerators, microwaves, and flat-screen TVs.
- Two seafood restaurants serve up Gulf of Mexico shrimp and red snapper in a beachfront setting.
- Grab a cocktail at the swim-up palapa bar made from loblolly pines.
- Eco-friendly design: The lobby’s furniture is made from salvaged forest-fire timber.
- Have an adventure: Contact the front desk for help planning a fishing, boating, or horseback-riding excursion.
South Padre Island, Texas: Vibrant Marine Life and Educational Centers
South Padre Island isn’t actually an independent island—it’s the name given to the resort town on the southernmost point of Texas’s much larger Padre Island, which stretches nearly 130 miles along the Gulf of Mexico. The town is linked to mainland Texas by a single bridge, the Queen Isabella Causeway. Because it occupies such a narrow stretch of land—at its broadest point, South Padre Island is only a few blocks wide—getting from the Gulf on the east side to Laguna Madre on the other takes only about 10 minutes on foot. Many visitors spend their vacations laying out on the area’s sandy beaches, which are home to more than 300 types of waterfowl, lofty sand dunes, and the occasional kemp’s ridley sea turtle. Others set sail on fishing charters to seek out swordfish, redfish, and spotted seatrout.
For a better understanding of the area’s history and culture, head across the causeway to the Museums of Port Isabel. The complex encompasses three facilities, including one that showcases the artifacts found in three 1554 Spanish ships that sunk about 30 miles north of Port Isabel. Another, the Port Isabel Lighthouse, was built in 1852 when the low-lying Texas coast presented visibility problems to incoming ships. Today, you can climb a spiral staircase to the top for views of the causeway, Laguna Madre, and Port Isabel’s historic downtown.
On the northern end of South Padre Island at Sea Turtle, Inc., you can observe endangered kemp’s ridley sea turtles, which the organization rescues, rehabilitates, and releases at nearby beaches. Ila Fox Loetscher, affectionately known as “The Turtle Lady,” founded the nonprofit organization in 1977 after spending more than 10 years rehabilitating sea turtles in her South Padre Island home.
Standard King Room
- One king bed and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
Standard Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Indoor water park
- Beach access
- Two seafood restaurants
- Gaming zone
- Pools and hot tubs
- Complimentary WiFi
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 3-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort - South Padre Island, Texas
- Nearest airports: Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport (BRO; 24 mi) and Valley International Airport (HRL; 40 mi)
- Cab fare: about $70 from BRO, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Corpus Christi: 177 miles