What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a standard queen room
Hotel at a Glance: SCP Depoe Bay
SCP Depoe Bay is designed for those who want a break from the noise and fast pace of big cities. Guests are welcomed by soft colors, wood, and fishing-inspired decor, designed to help them forget about stress. The rooms don’t have unnecessary distractions to facilitate relaxation, and each one looks out on the harbor.
- Balance the body and mind at the fitness center.
- Be green: The hotel follows environment-friendly practices, uses local materials, and plants a tree for each visitor.
- Connect with others or work at the common room.
- Go fishing at one of the nearby spots.
Depoe Bay, Oregon: Whale Watching next to the World’s Smallest Harbor
Through a narrow, rocky chasm along Oregon’s coast, you can find the world’s smallest navigable harbor; it’s just 6 acres wide. The town that contains this harbor is Depoe Bay, and it’s tiny too, with fewer than 1,500 residents. A natural sea wall protects the little town, and its main shopping streets closely follow the coastline, with nice views of the Pacific nearly everywhere you look.
There are a number of natural phenomena drawing visitors to Depoe Bay. One is the Spouting Horn—a natural underwater cave that transforms incoming waves into a powerful spray that often soaks Highway 101, which runs through Depoe Bay. Another is the pod of gray whales that swims through the bay 10 months out of the year, making the area popular for whale-watching excursions. There’s even a state park, the Whale Watching Center, which sets up visitors to watch and understand whale migration. Close to 20,000 whales swim past the center before June annually.
Standard Queen Room
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Arrivals after 6:00pm must notify the hotel by phone (541) 765-2350 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange late night check-in procedure. Failure to do so may result in inability to check-in.
- Small Fitness Center with The Peloton Bike, yoga mats, and free weights
- Pet friendly (fees apply)
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Arrivals after 6:00pm must notify the hotel by phone (541) 765-2350 or email at email@example.com to arrange late night check-in procedure
- Failure to do so may result in inability to check-in
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About SCP Depoe Bay
- Nearest airports: Newport Municipal Airport (ONP; 18.2 mi) and Portland International Airport (PDX;112 mi)
- Cab fare: about $55 from ONP, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Portland: about 99 miles