Modern, fully renovated hotel focusing on holistic hospitality, serving those who value personal wellness, social good, and the environment
Hotel at a Glance: SCP Hotel Colorado Springs
The SCP Hotel Colorado Springs opened its doors after a major nine-month renovation with the goal of focusing on sustainable living, personal wellness and social good. The name “SCP” stands for soul, community, and planet – its three core tenants – merging earth friendly and socially responsible practices with modern, clean lodging accommodations, nutritious food choices, superior fitness experiences, and places for socializing, collaborating and working. Guests will find reclaimed wood, living green walls, exposed brick, and hand-painted murals throughout the space, as well as other sustainable features at the hotel.
- Walk the halls designed by HGTV personality Kelli Ellis using reclaimed wood, living green walls, exposed brick, soft lighting, and polished concrete that aims to create an earthy, eco-industrial feel throughout
- Strike a pose in the state-of-the-art fitness room during a yoga class
- Conserve a little with the facility’s solar energy, water conservation, and on-site composting
- Swing in a hammock in the hotel’s contemporary common room
- Eat local at the Provisions Market with food and treats sourced from around the Colorado Springs area
- Join a jam session with local artists
Colorado Springs, Colorado: Cultured College Town Where the Mountains Meet the Plains
Colorado Springs is the second-biggest city in Colorado, but it still has a frontier feel; there are vast plains and towering mountains just east of the city. At more than 14,000 feet, Pikes Peak dominates the landscape. The mountain—once thought to be insurmountable—inspired part of the lyrics to “America the Beautiful.” Travelers can hike the mountainside or take in the surroundings by car along the 19-mile Pikes Peak Highway. The summit of Pikes Peak is easy to reach via the Cog Railway, a three-hour train ride that makes a steep climb past boulders, streams, and trees that are roughly 2,000 years old.
Though a lot of activity here skews toward the outdoors, Colorado Springs has plenty else going for it, particularly in the artistic realm. Downtown is the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, home to masterpieces by contemporary American painters that include John Singer Sargent and Georgia O’Keeffe. There’s also an art walk through local galleries on the first Friday of each month from April through December.