What You Get
- Stay for two in a main building double-queen room, oceanfront king room, or oceanfront double-queen room
- Daily breakfast for two
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
* Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
* Cancellation policy: 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
* Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Hotel at a Glance: Sea Ranch Resort
Kill Devil Hills has been known as the birthplace of aviation since 1903, when the Wright brothers’ first powered flight took place along its coast. But its sandy beaches are also worthy of recognition. Sea Ranch Resort gives guests the best of both worlds: it’s just steps from the Atlantic and conveniently close to other attractions, including the Wright Brothers National Memorial Park, the sand dunes at Jockey’s Ridge State Park, and several quaint seaside towns.
- Home away from home: Each room has a flat-screen TV with cable and HBO, a mini fridge, and a microwave.
- Oceanfront seasonal dining: The onsite Beachside Bistro offers coastal American cuisine, serving lunch and dinner seven days a week.
- Notable awards: The hotel is a TripAdvisor 2014 Certificate of Excellence winner.
- Take a swim: A glass atrium encloses a heated pool.
- Squeeze in a workout: The resort has a fitness center and gives out complimentary guest passes to the nearby Outer Banks Family YMCA.
The Northern Beaches of the Outer Banks, North Carolina: Idyllic Beach Towns, Sand Dunes, and Wright Brothers Flight History
Dubbed the “East Coast’s recreational playground” by Frommer’s, the Outer Banks is a string of narrow barrier islands that hugs the northern coast of North Carolina. Vacationers have flocked to the islands’ postcard-worthy beaches and idyllic villages since the 18th century. The most northerly island in the Outer Banks, Bodie Island, is home to five such towns, known collectively as the Northern Beaches: Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, and Nags Head.
Head to Kill Devil Hills to see the Wright Brothers National Memorial Park, where a large granite boulder commemorates the spot where the world’s first powered flight took off, in 1903. The memorial also includes replicas of the brothers’ early gliders. Just outside the town of Nags Head lie some of the East Coast’s tallest natural sand dunes at Jockey’s Ridge State Park. Strong winds off the ocean constantly reshape the dunes and make the area a popular spot for hang-gliding and flying kites.
It’s worth it to make the drive south to Cape Hatteras National Seashore, nicknamed the “Graveyard of the Atlantic” for the many ships that have crashed into its dangerous sandbars during storms. Here, you can climb the 248 steps to the top of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, whose iconic exterior is a swirl of black and white stripes. There’s also abundant wildlife along the seashore, including five species of sea turtles; female loggerhead sea turtles often nest on these beaches.
Main Building Double-Queen Room * No ocean view * Two queen beds * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 5 * Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
Oceanfront King Room * Ocean views * One king bed * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 2 adults + 2 kids * Adding occupants above standard: kids 17 or younger stay free
Oceanfront Double-Queen Room * Ocean views * Two queen beds * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 5 * Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Oceanfront seasonal restaurant
- Enclosed heated pool
- Fitness center
- Free YMCA guest passes
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sea Ranch Resort
- Nearest airport: Norfolk International Airport (ORF; 80 miles); Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU; 217 miles)
- Distance to Raleigh: 204 miles