Resort at a Glance: Sea Watch Resort
Sea Watch Resort is a sprawling oceanside retreat in Myrtle Beach. There’s a ton of aquatic fun to be had here, thanks to the resort’s 6 pools, 10 hot tubs, 2 lazy rivers, and miles of Atlantic beachfront. Sea Watch also organizes kid-friendly activities throughout the year, including rubber-ducky races, ping-pong tournaments, and arts and crafts.
- Restaurant with a view: Captain’s Cove Cafe Oceanfront Restaurant serves a daily breakfast buffet and lunch entrees including salads and sandwiches.
- Go for a swim in one of the resort’s six heated pools, two of which are covered seasonally, or soak in one of the 10 hot tubs.
- Grab a snack at the onsite coffee and ice-cream shop.
- In-room amenities: private balcony, blackout drapes, refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, oven, and toaster
- Head to Barefoot Landing, which offers a theater, nightlife, restaurants, and shopping, just a 5-minute drive from the resort.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Seaside Golf Courses, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
Myrtle Beach is the crown jewel of South Carolina’s Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The city was named one of the best vacation spots in the United States for a family by USA Today, in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than a mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into the SkyWheel Ferris wheel, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city below.
Less than 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach, the tiny fishing village of Murrells Inlet provides a tranquil contrast to the boardwalk’s hustle and bustle. At Brookgreen Gardens, more than 1,400 original sculptures stand amid sprawling floral gardens and massive, moss-covered oak trees that have been around for centuries. Murrells Inlet is also home to the Tom Fazio–designed TPC Myrtle Beach golf course, 1 of nearly 100 courses in the area that helped Myrtle Beach earn its title as the seaside golf capital of the world.