Hotel at a Glance: Seascape Resort Beachfront Condos
The Seascape Resort Beachfront Condos are located right on the beach and within the city of Galveston where the island’s beautiful West Beaches begin, and are within close proximity to shopping and activities. They’re surrounded by palm trees, rolling sand dunes, and the Gulf of Mexico. Popular pursuits here include kayaking, golfing, parasailing, shopping, and taking wildlife-viewing tours.
- Moody Gardens theme park features a rainforest habitat with scarlet ibises, monkeys, and Amazon river otters. The park is less than 4 miles from the resort.
- Amenities include full kitchens, private balconies, and TVs with Blu-Ray or DVD players.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool or two hot tubs with a sun deck overlooking the beach.
- Head to the beach: all options include beach chair and umbrella rental or a boogie-board rental and a tote bag to carry your belongings.
- Extra perk: try the complimentary appetizer or dessert at Landry’s Concepts Restaurants with the included dining credit.
Galveston, Texas: Exotic Animals, Water Parks, and Victorian Mansions on the Gulf of Mexico
Galveston occupies a barrier island roughly a half-hour drive from Houston. Its gulf beaches are bathed in sunlight more than 200 days of the year. Though Galveston’s climate is almost tropical, penguins waddle into chilly waters at the city’s most famous attraction, Moody Gardens. Nearby, saki monkeys roam a rainforest habitat, stingrays glide through a 1.5-million-gallon aquarium, and snow falls on moviegoers’ noses in a 4D theater. Another popular attraction is Schlitterbahn Waterpark, where you can zoom down water slides and sip drinks at a swim-up bar.
Step back in time with a visit to downtown Galveston’s Strand Historic District. Here, classic cars and horse-drawn carriages roll down streets lined with old-fashioned street lamps and elaborate Victorian mansions. These brick behemoths now house art galleries, antique stores, and shops selling homemade ice cream and handcrafted jewelry.