Hotel at a Glance: Senses Riviera Maya by Artisan
Caribbean breezes flow throughout this 4-star hotel, which sits right on the shore about 25 minutes from central Playa del Carmen. With a cabana-lined pool facing the sea and chic decor that looks plucked straight from a modern-art exhibit, it’s no wonder this adults-only haven earned a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor in 2018.
- Fully loaded digs: Suites have in-room jetted tubs, minibars, as well as private terraces with plunge pools.
- The all-inclusive package lets guests enjoy Caribbean food and cocktails at two bars and restaurants.
- The highlife: Hot tubs overlook the sea from the rooftop terrace.
- Day-trip idea: Akumal, home to one of the biggest reefs in the world, is about an hour’s drive away.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called “the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula” by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa’s most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you’ll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum’s crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba’s enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world’s most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Cancún International Airport (CUN) is 40 minutes from the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to make another purchase? This deal covers two guests. Additional occupants are not allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here.