Hotel at a Glance: Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel
Guests at this Sheraton hotel enjoy free shuttle service to Fort Lauderdale Airport and easy access to nearby beaches and the museums and shops along Las Olas Boulevard. At day’s end, you can recharge in a comfy guest room trimmed with signature bedding and a flat-screen TV.
- Recent recognition: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2013
- Fire Iron Grille features hot buffet items for breakfast and succulent steaks for dinner. Hit up the lobby lounge to enjoy a cocktail in a more laid-back setting.
- Take a dip in the outdoor heated pool, which is surrounded by a sun deck and palm trees.
- Fitness center stocked with free weights, cardio equipment, and Pilates gear
- Distance from the beach: less than 5 miles
- Pet-friendly: Bring any pooch under 60 pounds at no extra charge; the hotel can provide a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Dog Bed and direct you to the nearby Canine Dog Beach.
- Discount parking: Groupon guests get 50% off parking at the hotel.
Greater Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
About ten minutes down the coast from Fort Lauderdale, the seaside locale of Dania Beach presents a laidback contrast to may of Florida’s tourist-heavy sights. When you’re not soaking up sunshine on the beach, you can browse antiques or sample homemade ice cream in Dania’s quaint town center.
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.