Top Reasons to Stay at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
- An official Disney® Good Neighbor Hotel, this family-friendly four-star resort is less than half a mile from Walt Disney World® Resort. It offers complimentary shuttle service to the four theme parks.
- Guest rooms are outfitted with signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, high-speed WiFi, and flat-screen high-definition TVs.
- The onsite Zest restaurant serves pomegranate-glazed salmon and huckleberry-seasoned filet mignon. You can enjoy fruity cocktails at the poolside 27 Palms Grill, which also serves peel-and-eat shrimp and fish tacos.
- Palm trees surround the Sheraton’s two pools; in one, kids can zoom down an 80-foot water slide.
- Treat yourself to a powdered bamboo wrap, vitamin C facial, or other indulgent treatment at Top of the Palms Spa, which features bird's-eye views of the pool.
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, which make up the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. It spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Marketplace. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted 18th-century mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando's vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find eight cultural institutions at Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, which houses pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Orlando Science Center. Visit the science center to take a rover across a simulation of Mars’s red surface, or race on a 70-foot pinewood derby track.