Top Reasons to Stay at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
- This family-friendly resort is less than half a mile from Walt Disney World®, and it offers complimentary shuttle service to the Disney theme parks.
- There are multiple onsite dining options. Zest serves pomegranate-glazed salmon and huckleberry-seasoned filet mignon. You can enjoy fruity cocktails at the poolside 27 Palms Grill, which also serves peel-and-eat shrimp and fish tacos. For every adult meal purchased at onsite dining options, guests receive one complimentary kids meal.
- Palm trees surround the Sheraton’s two pools; in one, kids can zoom down an 80-foot water slide.
- Urban-view rooms and oasis-view rooms are outfitted with signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, wireless Internet, and cable TV.
- You can treat yourself to a palm-frond wrap, apple-infused facial, and other indulgent treatments at Top of the Palms Spa, which features bird’s-eye views of the pool area.<p>
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, which now are part of the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. It spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Marketplace. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted 18th-century mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find eight cultural institutions at Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, which houses pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Orlando Science Center. Visit the science center to take a rover across a simulation of Mars’s red surface, or race on a 70-foot pinewood derby track.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.