Hotel at a Glance: Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
This comfortable and stylish Sheraton hotel occupies a prime location just two blocks from the vibrant nightlife in Oklahoma City’s revitalized Bricktown district. The hotel is even closer to the Cox Convention Center and Chesapeake Energy Arena, home of the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Other nearby OKC attractions: National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and Oklahoma City Zoo
- Onsite dining: Sample authentic southwestern fare at 1889 Land Run Cafe, which serves breakfast and lunch. In the evening, stop by Aria Lounge for dinner and drinks. There’s also an onsite coffee shop.
- In-room amenities: Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, complimentary bottled water, 32-inch TVs, coffeemakers with Starbucks products
- Break a sweat in the fully equipped fitness center.
- Cool off in the outdoor pool, open for the summer until Labor Day.
- Pet friendly: A furry four-legged pal of up to 40 pounds can stay in your room at no charge.
Oklahoma City: Former Frontier City with Modern Museums
Oklahoma City is a relatively young town, founded a little more than a century ago in 1889. It’s both the capital and the largest city in the state, and it’s chock full of contemporary museums, modern art displays, and vibrant neighborhoods. Head to the historical Bricktown district to stroll along a picturesque river walk past eateries and shops, all housed in the traditional red brick buildings that gave the area its name.
You’ll also find several niche museums to check out, such as the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and the Museum of Osteology, which bills itself as “America’s Only Skeleton Museum.” Here, you can see hundreds of skulls and skeletons of various animals, including primates, reptiles, and a 40-foot whale.