Hotel at a Glance: Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
This award-winning Sheraton hotel has enough amenities that you could conceivably not step off the property from check-in to check-out. Each day, you can fill up on pancakes at Jester’s Court Cafe, relax in the steam room at the Atlantis sports club, and indulge in a massage at the Spa at Atlantis. For lunch or dinner, grab a table down at Tipperary Pub, where you can order up a cold beer to pair with a bacon burger or veggie wrap.
- Where you’ll stay: Deluxe rooms come with contemporary furnishings and 32-inch flat-screen TVs.
- Feel like royalty: The hotel’s facade looks like a castle.
- Catch some rays at the outdoor pool and sun deck, which is open until Labor Day.
- Relax year-round in the heated indoor pool and hot tub.
- Visit New York City: Manhattan is about an hour away.
- Recent accolade: The hotel picked up a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
Parsippany, New Jersey: Small Town Outside Manhattan
Parsippany is a short drive from Morristown, New Jersey, where George Washington and his army camped out for one very cold winter in the middle of the Revolutionary War. You can commemorate this with a stop at the Morristown National Historic Park, which is a welcoming spot for biking, hiking, and birdwatching, in addition to its historical memorials.
As a modern-day visitor, you’ll probably want to take a day trip into New York—you can reach Manhattan in 60 to 90 minutes by car or public transit. A stroll down Fifth Avenue is a world-renowned shopping experience: the street is filled with luxury boutiques and flagship department stores, including the original Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman. For a little tranquility in the middle of the city, follow Fifth Avenue up to the southeast corner of Central Park.