What You Get
- Stay for two in a superior king room or fireside king room, or four in a superior two-double room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 2-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $28 daily resort fee plus tax paid at check-in. $1 daily National Forest Foundation fee paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Property at a Glance: Skamania Lodge
Skamania Lodge takes its name from a Chinook word meaning “swift water.” The moniker is appropriate—the hotel overlooks the Columbia River Gorge. There’s a high concentration of waterfalls here, including the country’s fifth-highest. The lodge is situated on 175 wooded acres and surrounded by beautiful natural attractions. It serves as both a place to find solitude and a home base for hiking, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, and many other recreational activities. It’s also surrounded by history—the Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail is nearby, and Mount St. Helens is about a 60-mile drive away.
- Admire forest views in your superior or fireplace-equipped fireside room.
- Cozy up with a book in front of a towering stone fireplace in the lodge, whose architecture ropes in Montana slate, local rock, and natural and reclaimed timber.
- Upscale dining options: Fodor’s writes that the onsite “restaurants are some of the top dining experiences in the region.” Columbia River steelhead and other regional dishes are on the menu at Skamania’s award-winning Cascade Dining Room, while lighter dishes and shared plates take the spotlight at River Rock restaurant.
- Take a refreshing dip in the indoor swimming pool (limited capacity)
Stevenson, Washington: Laid-Back Riverfront Town amid Massive Forest Preserve
A small, scenic town on the Columbia River Gorge, Stevenson was once a humble logging community. It has since evolved into a renowned year-round destination. Many visitors are drawn to Gifford Pinchot National Forest, an outdoor wonderland spread across 1.3 million acres where you can go fishing, hiking, biking, and picnicking.
The Columbia River Gorge is set amid the Cascade Range volcanoes, including Mount Hood, which is located about an hour away. It’s Oregon’s tallest peak and also home to the Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort.
Superior King Room and Fireside King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Superior Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $28 resort fee includes: parking, WiFi, unlimited local calls, 24-hour access to technology room, coffee and Tazo tea in main lobby, access to onsite hiking trails, tennis, basketball and volleyball courts, use of street bikes, access to fitness center, hot tubs and saunas.
- Parking: included in resort fee.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests and options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Onsite river-view restaurants
- Spacious indoor and outdoor hot tubs and indoor pool
- Full-service spa
- Fitness center (limited capacity)
- WiFi access
- Coffee, tea, and hot cocoa (daily, 6 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Tesla charging station
- Pet-friendly rooms (additional fee)
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 2-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $28 daily resort fee plus tax paid at check-in
- $1 daily National Forest Foundation fee paid at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Skamania Lodge
- Nearest airport: Portland International Airport (PDX; 42 mi)
- Distance from Portland: 45 mi