Hotel at a Glance: Sonesta Bayfront Hotel Coconut Grove
Sonesta Bayfront Hotel looks out onto Biscayne Bay from a perch in historic Coconut Grove, a laid-back neighborhood in southern Miami. Water recreation abounds here—you can rent kayaks, standup paddleboards, and catamarans at nearby Dinner Key Marina and use them to explore the small islands just offshore. You might even spot a manatee or two. You’re not far from the city’s legendary nightlife, either: the lively bars and nightclubs of Miami Beach are just a short drive or taxi ride away.
- Distance from South Beach: 12 miles (about a $40 cab ride)
- Shop ‘til you drop: at CocoWalk, an outdoor shopping, dining, and nightlife complex that’s right across the street from the hotel
- A room with a view: Deluxe bay-view rooms have sweeping views of Biscayne Bay from private balconies.
- International eats: Ceviche, lomo saltado, and other Peruvian specialties are on the menu at Panorama Restaurant.
- Recommended beach: Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, about a 25-minute drive from the hotel, has a mile-long shoreline where you swim or rent a beach chair for sunbathing.
Miami’s Coconut Grove: Laid-Back Art District with Lush, Tropical Foliage
Set along the shores of Biscayne Bay a few miles south of downtown, Coconut Grove doesn’t feel like the typical fast-paced Miami neighborhood. On the contrary, it has a distinctly laid-back, artsy vibe, thanks to the eclectic galleries and gardens lining the streets. Some of the most beautiful foliage can be found at The Kampong, which showcases plants from Southeast Asia, South America, and the Caribbean, including deep-purple cocoplums and more than 50 varieties of mango.
The Grove is Miami’s oldest continually inhabited neighborhood and contains one of the city’s first public schoolhouses as well as one of the oldest houses in Miami, known as The Barnacle. Now part of a state park, the 19th-century home is open to visitors on most weekdays. To experience the neighborhood’s livelier side, head to CocoWalk, an open-air shopping, dining, and entertainment complex where a handful of bars stay open until 3 a.m.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.