Top Reasons to Stay at Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
- The hotel is located 5 miles from downtown Charlotte, a leading financial center lined with authentic Southern restaurants and eclectic art galleries.
- Designed for extended stays, all suite-style guest rooms have fully equipped kitchens with refrigerators, dishwashers, and microwaves.
- Every morning, the hotel serves a complimentary breakfast buffet that might include bran muffins, oatmeal, and scrambled eggs.
- About a 15-minute drive north of the hotel is the NASCAR Hall of Fame, which houses famous racing cars, more than 50 interactive exhibits, video games, and a massive theater.
- You can gather by the outdoor swimming pool or have a cookout on one of the property’s gas grills.
- There’s an onsite fitness center, and you can keep active at the recreation and sports court.
Charlotte, North Carolina: Modern Financial Capital with Thriving Art Scene and Southern Cooking
Charlotte is the largest city in North Carolina and it seems to get bigger every year. It has emerged as the second largest banking center in the country, with shiny skyscrapers popping up on the regular—the Hearst Tower’s façade lights up in different colors throughout the year.
While the city has certainly taken a turn towards the modern, there are still relics of its Revolutionary history and Southern traditions. Victorian homes with sweeping front porches line the streets of the historic Fourth Ward neighborhood, and you can hail a horse and carriage on the corner of Trade and Tyron. The city’s post-Civil War history is on display at the Levine Museum of the New South; check out the award-winning “Cotton Fields to Skyscrapers” installation.
Charlotte’s NoDa neighborhood (short for “North Davidson”) is home to the city’s Historic Arts District. Eclectic art galleries and live music venues line the street, and you can catch an improv show here almost every night of the week. Nearby, the growing Plaza Midwood neighborhood offers some of the city’s best dining with some authentic Southern-style cooking. There’s a modern barbecue joint and a retro drive-through spot that serves peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
If you have the time, head to the US National Whitewater Center, an Olympic training facility for rafting. Situated on the banks of the Catawba River, it contains the world’s largest manmade white-water river where the public can ride Class III–IV rapids.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.