Hotel at a Glance: Sonesta ES Suites Dublin
These studio and two-bedroom suites feel more like private apartments than hotel rooms. Each recently renovated unit is equipped with free WiFi, a flat-screen TV with movie channels, and a full kitchen that includes a stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, and dishwasher. The hotel is just a quick 20-minute drive from downtown Columbus.
- Free breakfast buffet with cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, and eggs
- Go for a swim in the seasonal outdoor pool. It’s just around the corner from a communal barbecue area.
- Lobby bar: Stop by for coffee, smoothies, or cocktails.
- Award winner: Sonesta ES Suites Dublin received TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
- Nearby attractions: The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, and the shops, restaurants, and taverns of historic Dublin
Columbus, Ohio: Cultural Hub and Home of OSU
Columbus feels younger than its 200 years, thanks in part to The Ohio State University. Nearly 60,000 undergrad and grad students who attend the urban campus infuse the city with a youthful energy. The campus lies due north of the Short North Art District, one of the capital city’s trendiest neighborhoods. Stroll along the district’s High Street to browse local restaurants, bars, and art galleries—if you visit on the first Saturday of the month, you can also partake in free food and drinks along with street performers.
Visit Columbus’s walkable downtown to enjoy its most popular attractions, including the Columbus Museum of Art and COSI, a hands-on science center. You’ll also find numerous public parks and trails along the Scioto River that bisects the city. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is a bit further out, but worth the drive. More than 10,000 animals reside here, including species from North America, Africa, Australia, and Asia.