Hotel at a Glance: Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta is located in the peaceful town of Duluth, just 30 minutes northeast of downtown Atlanta. While you're here, you can take a dip in the hotel's indoor-outdoor pool or savor a dinner made with locally sourced ingredients at the onsite steakhouse. The hotel earned TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2013 and the top spot on the travel site's list of Duluth hotels.
- Signature dishes at the onsite Kaets Steakhouse include chili soy rubbed ribeye steak and sweet water braised osso buco.
- Kick back at Button's Lounge, where you can play pool, watch sports, or order a cocktail.
- Go for a swim: The heated pool extends from indoors to outdoors and features a sun deck.
- In-room amenities: LCD flat-screen TVs and free wireless Internet access
- Day-trip destinations: The Georgia Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta, both of which are less than a half hour away
Highlights of Duluth, Georgia
- The Southeastern Railway Museum chronicles the history of Georgia's railroads with exhibits of century-old Pullman cars and restored cabooses.
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area: Go kayaking, rafting, and hiking past rocky shoals. The park is known for its colorful wildflowers, including trout lilies, azaleas, and trillium.
- Atlanta day trip: Head in to the nearby state capital to tour CNN headquarters and the World of Coca-Cola. The city also boasts the Georgia Aquarium—one of the world's largest facilities of its kind—and the High Museum of Art, which displays historic Civil Rights photographs as well as works by Monet and Toulouse-Lautrec.