Hotel located on the Atlantic Coast, with a private beach, heated outdoor pools, spa, fitness center, and more
Hotel at a Glance: Southernmost Beach Resort
Conveniently located in the Old Town, Southernmost Beach Resort offers a chance to escape the noise and rush of the city while staying close to its attractions. Guests can visit the Alan S Maltz gallery to see some art pieces, visit one of the eclectic shops, go dancing at a nightclub, enjoy a walk on the beach, and much more. When they need a moment to rest, they can relax in their rooms, designed to be simple, yet sophisticated, or be pampered with one of the hotel’s spa services.
- Stay active with outdoor yoga classes or visit the hotel’s fitness center with cardio equipment and more.
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the onsite restaurants and bars, serving Caribbean, American, and Asian fusion specialties.
- Make a splash in one of the three heated outdoor pools.
- Relax with a facial, massage, manicure, or another spa service.
- Enjoy the ocean breeze, resting in a cabana or taking a walk on a private beach.
Key West, Florida: Dazzling Sunsets, Six-Toed Cats, and Cuban Culture
Located just off Florida’s southernmost tip and north of Cuba, the island of Key West is undoubtedly the most famous of the Florida Keys. Frommer’s calls it “the land of the eternal vacation.” Most tourists come to Key West’s gulf-side beaches to snorkel, surf, or fish, but no trip to Key West is complete without a visit to the Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum, where the author lived, worked, and kept his six-toed cats. More than 50 descendants of those famous felines still prowl the grounds of the museum to this day.
At nighttime, locals and visitors alike converge on the Mallory Square Dock to watch the sun dip below the Gulf of Mexico, casting swaths of deep orange and pink against the horizon. The spectacle is so breathtaking that it inspires a sunset celebration each night. The dock comes to life with traveling psychics, one-man bands, and food vendors serving fresh-squeezed lemonade and plantain chips.