Hotel at a Glance: Splash Universe Water Park Resort
Splash Universe Water Park Resort’s indoor water park is heated to a summer-like 84 degrees all year.
- Twisting water slides are just the beginning—the water park features a lazy river, a kiddie pool, a 500-gallon tipping bucket, and a water-adventure treehouse.
- Adults-only hot tub allows grownups a getaway from splashing
- The great outdoors: Spacious double queen rooms and bunk bed suites feature knotted-pine furniture and nature-themed decor.
- Chow down on favorites such as burgers, steak, and pizza at The Treehouse Pub and Grub—kids younger than 12 eat free with paying adults.
- Next door to Cabela’s nature-outfitting superstore and close to shops and restaurants
Dundee, Michigan: Outdoor Recreation and Small-Town Charm near Lake Erie
There are only about 4,000 residents in Dundee, Michigan, but that’s part of the area’s charm. This small town in the state’s southeastern corner makes its own fun, with its giant Cabela’s store outfitting folks for the real attraction: the great outdoors. Hunting and fishing on the River Raisin are popular activities here, and nearby Sterling State Park offers hiking, biking, and access to Lake Erie.
Back in town, the Old Mill Museum gives tours of its carefully restored 19th-century building and exhibits about the town’s history. There’s also the nearby St. Julian Winery, where you can take a tour and taste its award-winning wines.