Hotel at a Glance: SpringHill Suites Sarasota
SpringHill Suites Sarasota is all about convenience: it’s located less than a mile from the airport, for one. It also has easy access to Sarasota’s white-sand beaches and attractions such as John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art, located right across the street.
- Start the day with a free buffet breakfast or Grab-n-Go items; both options focus on healthy and natural foods.
- Press shout-out: The hotel received the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool, the whirlpool, or in the Gulf of Mexico—located a little over a mile away.
- Late night snacks: The hotel’s Market stays open 24 hours a day.
- Out and about: Play golf at nearby courses or shop at The Mall at University Town Center.
Sarasota, Florida: Pristine Gulf Coast Beaches and Colorful Artist Colonies
Bordered by the Gulf of Mexico on Florida’s western coast, Sarasota offers easy access to more than 40 miles of pristine beachfront. One of the most popular stretches of sand is Siesta Beach on the barrier island of Siesta Key, known for its exceptionally white and powdery shore made almost entirely of quartz and confectioners’ sugar.
Artists and entertainers have flocked to Sarasota since the 1920s, when John Ringling made the sleepy resort town the winter headquarters of his traveling circus. See the impresario’s extensive personal collection of old masters at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art. To watch modern-day painters and sculptors at work, visit the Towles Court artist colony.
Head to the waterfront St. Armands Circle—located on Lido Key—for some scenic shopping amid swaying palms. Besides the boutiques, you’ll find spas, galleries, and restaurants situated along the Circus Ring of Fame, which pays homage to some of the big top’s greatest performers, both past and present.