Property at a Glance: Springmaid Mountain
Just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, Springmaid Mountain sits on 400 acres of North Carolina property along the North Toe River. Visitors stay in Springmaid’s cabins, which look rustic, but are actually luxurious mini-homes, spaced out from one another for maximum privacy and undisturbed scenery. The setting makes for a quaint spot for a number of activities, including hiking, horseback riding, fishing, and river adventures.
- Neat amenities: The luxurious one- and two-bedroom cabins have fully equipped kitchens, flat-screen TVs, fireplaces, and a front porch with rocking chairs.
- Gone fishing: Six ponds on the property are stocked with trout, catfish, bass, and bluegill, and you don’t need a license for pond fishing. If you have a North Carolina fishing license, you can also cast a line into the North Toe River.
- Water adventures: More than a half-mile of riverfront property along the North Toe river gives guests access to kayaking, tubing, and canoeing, with onsite rentals.
- Distance to Blue Ridge Parkway 4 miles south
- Go for a ride: Springmaid Mountain has horses onsite. Take a guided hour or half-day trail ride through the property.
- Bring your walking shoes: There are more than 10 miles of trails that wind around waterfalls, mountain vistas, and rocky cliffs.
Spruce Pine, North Carolina: Charming Small Town in Blue Ridge Mountains
Located in western North Carolina, Spruce Pine is a small town set in the middle of Appalachia. Surrounding Spruce Pine are the Cherokee National Forest, the Pisgah National Forest, and the Roan Mountain State Park, and the town is known for its scenic and forested beauty. The town is within a few miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway, nicknamed “America’s Favorite Drive” for its 469 winding miles of sweeping mountain views, lush meadows, and plentiful picnicking areas.
Spruce Pine itself has a charming, old-fashioned main street with several casual restaurants. A local favorite is Dry County Brewing Company, with a rotating list of handcrafted brews on tap. For families, nearby Gem Mountain features workable mines where visitors can search for rubies, citrine, garnet, and sapphire gemstones, or take a tour underground.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._