Hotel at a Glance: Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel
Each of the 17 luxury suites at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel overlooks the Pacific Ocean. The oceanfront views helped the beachfront property to be named one of the 2012 Travelers' Choice Romance Hotels on TripAdvisor. Within walking distance of Starfish Manor, you'll find seafood restaurants and antique shops.
- Take in the sunset from your suite's furnished deck.
- Bubble for days in your suite's large two-person oceanfront whirlpool tub.
- Fireside romance: Every suite features a gas fireplace.
- Whip something up in your suite's kitchenette, equipped with a mini fridge, a microwave, a toaster, and a coffeemaker.
- Hit the jackpot: Hop on the free shuttle to Chinook Woods Casino.
Lincoln City, Oregon: Artists' Community on Rugged Pacific Coast
Situated along Oregon’s coast, Lincoln City spans 7.5 miles of picturesque coastline. The center of the town's art scene lies just a short distance inland. Seaside streets are peppered with dozens of galleries and antique shops, where visitors can glimpse genuine Japanese glass floats. Grab a bite to eat at one of the town’s many seafood restaurants, which are known for their fresh catches.
About 10 miles north of town, you'll find Cascade Head, a towering, 270-acre headland that juts into the ocean. Year-round and seasonal trails crisscross the rugged cliffs. While hiking the paths, keep an ear out for sea lions that bark rousing sea shanties.