Hotel at a Glance: Summit Beach Resort
This resort is located on the Gulf of Mexico, next to 600 feet of private white-sand beachfront. You can walk straight into the water from the beach, or take a dip in one of the oceanfront pools to get your swimming fix.
- Spacious accommodations The resort’s condos have roughly 900–1,700 square feet of space and include cable TV and a full kitchen with dishes, pots and pans, a refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave, making them perfect for families or groups.
- Sip a mojito or another ice-cold cocktail at the pool deck’s tiki bar.
- Grab snacks and sundries at the onsite Summit Market.
- Walk to restaurants: The beachfront Paradise Grill and seafood at Hammerhead Fred’s are both within a two-minute walk.
- Water recreation: dolphin encounters, jet-ski rentals, and banana-boat rides.
Panama City Beach, Florida: Sugar-White Beaches and and Scuba-Diving Spots
Panama City Beach’s slogan—“The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches”—may seem boastful. But TripAdvisor helped back up this claim in 2013, naming the local St. Andrews State Park as having 1 of the top 25 beaches in the United States. The park also has two fishing piers, a jetty, and a boat ramp, plus nature trails for bird watching. Elsewhere in town, you can arrange a scuba-diving trip to explore the area’s dozens of natural and artificial reefs.
The atmosphere is relaxed and geared toward families. Amusement parks dot the 20-mile shoreline, with plenty of seafood restaurants and bars overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Guests looking to escape crowds can take a ferry to Shell Island. This uninhabited barrier island has both snorkeling spots and nature preserves, where guests can catch a glimpse of bottlenose dolphins in the water and woodpeckers in the trees.