Top Reasons to Stay at Tan-Tar-A Resort
- Tan-Tar-A Resort overlooks the shores of Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks, a body of water popular with boaters and swimmers in warmer months.
- No matter the weather, you can swim at the onsite Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark. It has water slides, a lazy river, a 21-seat whirlpool, and a three-story treehouse with a tipping bucket (additional charges apply; the water park is not included with this Groupon).
- Up to four vacationers can fit comfortably in a two-double room. Each room features a cable TV, a refrigerator, and a coffeemaker.
- You can head down to the marina to rent pontoons, ski boats, and fishing boats.
- Also open is the 18-hole The Oaks golf course—which hosted the 1994 PGA Club Pro Championship—and the 9-hole Hidden Lakes course.
- Onsite dining options range from a breakfast buffet at Black Bear Lodge Restaurant to upscale steak and seafood at Windrose.
Highlights of Osage Beach, Missouri
- Why go Less than a three-hour drive from Saint Louis and Kansas City, Osage Beach is home to Lake of the Ozarks, where pontoons, speedboats, and fishing boats share aquatic real estate and swimmers and picnickers frolic on the lake’s sandy shores.
- What to do in Osage Beach: Catch a show at Main Street Music Hall, which hosts a trio of family-friendly musical performances, including “Reelin’ in the Years,” a tribute to music of the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s.
- Nearby state park At Ha Ha Tonka State Park, you can hike up to the bluff where the stone ruins of an early 20th-century castle built by a Kansas City businessman remain.
- Go spelunking at Lake of the Ozarks State Park, where groups tour the subterranean chamber known as Ozark Caverns. The cave’s geological highlight is Angel Showers, where a perpetual flow of water seems to descend straight out of the solid rock ceiling.
- Keep an eye out for the cave’s inhabitants, including four species of bats and salamanders.